Saturday 11 August 2007

Have found a good place to get some of the electronics that are needed - which is actually very little. Essential the only purchases I need are the IR Led's to go around the acrylic sheet, some resistors for them and some form of power supply for the whole lot. I've seen some people who have used an old computer powersupply so there's various options. What I'm not sure yet is the maths invovled in terms of how many IR Led's I need, and therefore what kind of power requirements / resistors I should be looking at - need to do some swatting up on this I think.

Anyway, the place I'll be buying from looks like it will be www.farnell.com as they seem to have all the necessary bits (actually looks like there's pretty much everything you could ever want on their site!)

No comments: